Essential Home Inspection
This is our traditional home inspection package performed by our expert home inspector. It includes a visual inspection of the home’s readily accessible features, major systems and components such as roof, exterior, structure, electrical, heating, cooling, ventilation, insulation, plumbing, interior, and more. We encourage you to accompany our inspector to get the most out of your home inspection.
Our full colour, easy-to-understand electronic (PDF) report will delivered to you by email within 24 hrs, and it includes:
– a summary page we call “the bottom line”
– photos and illustrations of documented issues
– additional relevant informational documents to provide more detailed information on issues pertaining to the house
Extended Home Inspection
Our most popular package includes all the features of our Essential Home Inspection with the addition of a full thermal camera scan of the home. This package will enhance your inspection with another layer of knowledge. To learn more about what this technology can do, visit Thermography.
Welcome Real Estate Sellers. Perfection Inspections would like to contribute to the successful sale of your home by providing a detailed Pre-Listing or Pre-Sale Home Inspection
Pre-Listing Inspection Benefits – having your Home Inspection prior to permitting purchasers to view the property has some distinct advantages:
A key benefit is that you will be prepared for the sale – if any problems are discovered that need to be addressed, you can have the repairs or improvements done on your own terms, on your own schedule, saving you money.
Experience has shown that most homes that receive a pre-sale inspection spend less time on the market and sell at prices closer to the listing price.
Our inspection report can provide prospective buyers a better understanding of the home and may minimize price negotiations during the sales process. You will also have an advantage over other properties the buyer is considering that may not have an inspection report available.
Our inspection will arm you with knowledge, information, and an expert inspector available to you for telephone or email consultation. In cases where the purchaser uses an inexperienced inspector and/or attempts to exaggerate issues/repair costs to their benefit, our inspector will keep you in the drivers seat.
Surprise problems uncovered by the buyer’s inspector may cause delays in closing, and you may end up paying for repairs at the last minute, or accept a lower price on your home – be prepared and ready, rather than unprepared and reactionary.
What is a Home Inspection?
A home inspection is a professional opinion based on a visual inspection of the readily accessible features of the property. The focus is to determine the present condition of the home’s major systems and components from a performance standpoint rather than cosmetic, or design issues. Home inspections are common practice during real estate transactions, but may be performed at any time for various reasons. See the various Home Inspection Services we offer (under the “Services” menu item) for more information.
A Home Inspection is
– An in-field evaluation and professional opinion of the performance of the readily accessible systems of a home at a specific point in time
– Mainly a visual evaluation and not technically exhaustive
– Intended to find components that are notably deficient, unsafe, or at/near the end of their life
– Documented with a written report
A home Inspection is not
– An insurance policy, warranty, or guarantee on the home
– An invasive or destructive investigation
– Intended to find concealed issues or defects
– An environmental evaluation or energy audit
– Electrical system
– Heating and Cooling system
– Plumbing system
– Insulation and vapour barriers
– Mechanical and Natural Ventilation systems
What is Excluded
– Cosmetics and decorative features
– Swimming pools and spas/hot tubs
– Low voltage/specialty systems such as telephone, cable, TV, alarm systems, irrigation systems, etc.
Perfection Inspections home inspections meet or exceed the InterNACHI Standards of Practice and we strictly follow the InterNACHI Code of Conduct.